1. Detroit Medical Center hires Dr. Sonia Eden; looks to revive neurosurgery program Full story Full story
2. Disaster declaration issued after brain-eating amoeba detected in Texas Full story
3. Trump's executive order on surprise billing: 3 things to know Full story
4. Pain management physicians are in an optimal position to perform certain endoscopic spine surgical procedures. Click here to learn the clinical and fiscal benefits.
5. Florida magazine honors Dr. Dror Paley for business acumen Full story
6. Los Angeles Chargers doctor punctured lung of quarterback Tyrod Taylor while administering injection Full story
7. Children's Minnesota could close ASC because of procedure volume declines Full story
8. EmergeOrtho to fold in sports medicine practice Full story
9. How leaders from Harmony Surgery Center and Virginia Gastroenterology Institute are thinking about vendor partnerships amid COVID-19. Click here to attend the webinar.
10. Vertebral body tethering shows success in the treatment of scoliosis, study finds Full story
11. Test positivity rate exceeds 20% in 2 states; kids may have different immune response to COVID-19 than adults — 5 updates Full story
12. A motorized hinge table can make spine surgery safer and improve quality. Click here to learn more.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How an ASC achieved 149% of its cash goal — click here to learn more.
2. Do you really know what patients think about your services? Find out why feedback technology is lacking in healthcare and how to get the kind of responses that will lead to better outcomes.
3. From clipboards to tablets: Building healthcare's digital infrastructure. Click here to read more.