1. Competition spurs spine practices to meet consumers in new ways Full story
2. New Jersey hospital to pay neurosurgeons $24.3M, appeals court rules Full story
3. 9.1% inflation intensifies ASC, physician economic woes Full story
4. The nation's organ transplant system is broken. See how Mayo Clinic in Florida is creating more streamlined, efficient transplant processes here.
5. Dr. Sheeraz Qureshi named Hospital for Special Surgery's co-chief of spine Full story
6. Washington University tops off $616M neuroscience center Full story
7. ZimVie reports $8.7M net loss in Q2, expects 2022 revenue of less than $1B Full story
8. Why this Florida orthopedic surgeon retired early Full story
9. Surgery is still a gateway to long-term opioid use. Learn how a New York hospital protects patients with drug-free pain management during this virtual session.
10. What ASCs need to know about monkeypox: 8 notes Full story
11. Former Johnson and Johnson, DePuy Spine executive joins Sure Retractors' board of directors Full story
12. 1 in 4 adults suffer from chronic knee pain, but relying on opioids to treat it is unsustainable and dangerous. Here's two leaders' non-opioid solution.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.
2. Maternal mortality rates increased by over 3% in 2020. Learn how to lower that number with telehealth.
3. 50% of hospitalizations occur within 7.5 days of an ED discharge. See how hospitals can close care gaps after an ED visit to improve outcomes and lower costs here.