1. Stryker approaches Boston Scientific with takeover offer: 5 things to know
2. Theranos CEO reportedly trying to start new company: 5 things to know
3. Opioid use prior to spine surgery increases risk of long-term use, study shows
4. White paper: Overcome medical imaging barriers with these strategies. Download here.
5. Excited to welcome 280+ health IT and revenue cycle leader speakers to Becker's 4th Annual Health IT + Revenue Cycle conference September 19-22 in Chicago. Register for our largest event yet here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, e-mail Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Private equity firm KKR inks $9.9B deal for Envision: 4 things to know
7. Webinar: Learn the difference between ASTM surgical and procedure mask standards. Register here.
8. NuVasive strengthens finance team with 3 appointments - 5 points
9. Spine surgeon leader to know: Dr. Andrew Hecht of Mount Sinai
10. White paper: Can healthcare providers afford not to have cyber insurance in 2018? Download here.
11. Dr. Ashish Sahai performs 1st procedure using Medacta SI joint screw system: 5 highlights Full story
12. Virtual reality: McGill University, CAE Healthcare & DePuy Synthes partner for new spine surgery training Full story