Oct. 30, 2017
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
1. Hospital for Special Surgery responds to editorial calling for removal of orthopedic surgeons from football game sideline coverage: 3 points
2. CVS Health proposes to buy Aetna for $66B: 4 things to know
3. Dr. Kevin Mullaney performs spine surgery on Minnesota Wild's Zach Parise: 4 takeaways
4. Webinar: Out-of-network reimbursements remain a viable option for providers, but many facilities struggle because they are unfamiliar with some of the intricacies required to successfully run an operation with this payment model.
5. NASS awards 3 Research Grants, 2 Traveling Fellowships totaling nearly $150k
6. Tenet reports $366M net loss, plans to cut 1,300 jobs Full story
7. Whitepaper: Consumerism is now driving healthcare. Has your revenue cycle model kept up? Here's what you need to know. Download here.
8. Drs. Ronald Wheeler, Daryl Sybert & more: 5 orthopedic surgeons making headlines
9. Dr. Riley Williams III repairs cartilage in Red Sox player Dustin Pedroia's knee - 4 insights
10. Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, K2M & more: 23 device company notes Full story
RN job growth to increase by 437+ positions over 10 years Full story
12. Orthopedic surgeon leader to know: Dr. Michelle Wolcott of University of Colorado School of Medicine Full story