Oct. 26, 2017
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
1. Dr. James Andrews repairs right elbow of White Sox pitcher Jake Petricka - 4 insights
2. Cleveland Clinic CEO Dr. Toby Cosgrove: Healthcare will undergo a 'total restructuring' to accommodate shift in payment models
3. Cerapedics names Antony Koblish board chair; appoints Doug Kohrs to board: 6 highlights
4. Whitepaper: Psychiatric cases are a growing problem in hospital emergency departments. Patients and hospitals experience sub-optimal outcomes. There's a better way. Download here.
5. Arthrex to build $30M manufacturing plant in South Carolina: 5 insights
6. Shareholders push for changes at Tenet and CHS: 6 things to know
7. Webinar: Out-of-network reimbursements remain a viable option for providers, but many facilities struggle because they are unfamiliar with some of the intricacies required to successfully run an operation with this payment model. Register here.
8. 12 new spine, orthopedic device launches & releases
9. The 6 states comprising 50%+ of medical malpractice payments in 2012
11. Florida representative files bill for 24-hour ASC stays: Will officials pass the legislation in 2018? Full story
10. SwiftPath: Private equity and ASC joint replacement
12. Orthopedic surgeon leader to know: Dr. Sandra Collins of Orthopedic Center of Florida Full story