September 19, 2017
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
1. Physicians rank top 10 hospitals for hip replacements - Hospitals for Special Surgery No. 1
2. CHI's operating loss swells to $585.2M in FY 2017
3. Colts team physician Dr. Art Rettig retires after 33 seasons: 4 takeaways
4. Webinar: How a robust pack program can help drive product standardization and cost savings. Register here for this upcoming webinar.
5. Don't miss Rush Spine Center Co-Director Harel Deutsch, MD, discuss joint ventures and physician/hospital relationships at Becker's ASC 24th Annual Meeting: The Business and Operations of ASCs in Chicago. Make sure to attend this three-day event in October, featuring 100+ sessions & 137 industry speakers from ASCs across the U.S. Learn more and register, here.
6. UPMC fires several employees after they ogled, photographed anesthetized patient with genital injury Full story
7. Webinar: What are best practices for your ASC's clinical assessment? Learn more in this upcoming webinar.
8. The Steadman Clinic adds Dr. C. Thomas Haytmanek - 6 highlights
9. Orthopedic services return to Paris Community Hospital: 5 things to know Full story
11. Rural hospitals struggle to stock rare disease drugs blocked from 340B discounts Full story
10. 20 states with the fewest ASCs
12. Orthopedic surgeon leader to know: Dr. Scott Slattery of Washington Orthopaedic Center Full story