June 20, 2017
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
1. Orthopaedic Specialty Group opens Connecticut facility with ASC: 5 things to know
2. Sutter Health to lay off 72 with closure of 2 units
3. Why going under the scalpel for a hip replacement was one of the best decisions of Dr. Alan Beyer's life Full story
4. Webinar: Minimize infection incidents at your facility. Learn more in this upcoming webinar. Register here.
5. Join the brightest minds in Health IT and the Revenue Cycle this September- great sessions on Epic, Cyber Security, Telehealth, Revenue Cycle Optimization, Predictive Analytics, and more. Register here. Additionally, 137 Leading speakers from surgery centers, 43 Physicians & 80 Administrators, with over 155 speakers total joining us for the October ASC 24th Annual Meeting: The Business and Operations of ASCs. Register now.
6. Patient takes state trooper's gun, shoots nurse at Florida hospital Full story
7. Stryker to acquire Canadian imaging technology company for $701M: 5 things to know Full story
8. Knee surgery rate rises 59% in girls: 4 key statistics Full story
9. Dr. Philip Minotti performs hip surgery on Connecticut state senator: 4 highlights
11. AMA outlines drug pricing stance at annual meeting Full story
10. Hospitals look to Alexa to help with surgical safety checklist: 5 key notes
12. Orthopedic surgeon leader to know: Dr. Matthew Nugent of Asante Rouge Regional Medical Center Full story