May 15, 2018
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
1. 4 small screws in foot cost patient $15k, total patient bill tops $115k
2. 23-hospital system enters $14M settlement with feds over improper physician payments
3. 3M warming system in hot water over allegedly causing joint infections: 5 takeaways
4. Webinar: Outpatient total joints to grow 104% in 5 years - learn how to build a healthy program in this upcoming webinar. Register here.
5. Hear great industry keynotes from Daniel Barchi, SVP and CIO, NewYork-Presbyterian; Ed Marx, CIO, Cleveland Clinic; Tamara StClaire, Digital Health Adviser, 2Morrow, Inc.; Andrew Rosenberg, CIO, Michigan Medicine; and Patrice Weiss, EVP and CMO, Carilion Clinic, at Becker's Health IT + Revenue Cycle Conference. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, e-mail Jessica Cole at email@example.com.
6. Trump says 'great health plans' to come in a few weeks
7. Webinar: Wasteful spending puts ASCs in jeopardy - here's how to boost the bottom line with value-based inventory management. Register here.
8. DePuy Synthes launches new arthroscopic system: 5 things to know
9. Here's how much healthcare paid its CEOs: Envision, HCA & 18 more
10. White paper: Certified preowned endoscopes are a cost-effective buy for any provider's medical device portfolio. However, limited market regulation and significant variety in quality among third-parties make shopping these contracts complex and time-consuming. Learn more here.
11. OrthoPediatrics receives FDA clearance for 25th surgical system: 3 insights
12. Orthopedic surgeon leader to know: Dr. Claude T. Moorman III of Atrium Health Full story