Here are five updates on orthopedic and spine implant with PEEK:
1. NuVasive launched the Porous PEEK interbody implant for manufacturing at its West Carrollton, Ohio, facility. The first implant was used in Charlotte, N.C.
2. Genesys Spine received the 2019 iF Design Award for the AIS-C Stand-Alone System for cervical fusion. The system is designed for patients with degenerative disc disease and is offered in either PEEK or titanium alloy.
3. In2Bone released the PEEK PitStop Subtalar Implant for flat foot deformity in December.
4. Vallum received the 2018 North America New Product Innovation Award from Frost & Sullivan for its PEEKplus spinal interbody fusion device. It is an FDA-cleared nanotextured surface on a PEEK implant.
5. Nanovis launched its FortiCore rotatable posterior lumbar interbody fusion device with a porous titanium scaffold that is inter-molded with PEEK Optima by Invibio. The implant has been used in more than 5,000 procedures.