Buffalo, N.Y.-based UBMD Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine acquired the sports training center at Lecom Harborcenter from Pegula Sports & Entertainment on Oct. 2, reports Buffalo Business First.
Five things to know:
1. The deal established Impact Sports Performance with Brian DeLuca, director of physical therapy at UBMD Ortho, serving as director.
2. UBMD Ortho aims to expand strength and conditioning programs using its clinical practice.
3. The practice features several team physicians for local sports teams including the Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bandits.
4. As part of the deal, UBMD Ortho will expand sports training services to the Buffalo Jr. Sabres, Academy of Hockey and the general public.
5. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
More articles sports medicine:
Stryker buys patient-specific implant tech from Conformis for up to $30M: 4 details
Omnia Medical gains FDA clearance for PEEK cervical vertebral body replacement device
How awake endoscopic spine surgery reinvigorated Dr. Raymond Gardocki's practice