Neal ElAttrache, MD, operated on the right elbow of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Five things to know:
1. The procedure was performed successfully at Los Angeles-based Cedars-Sinai Kerlan Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic on Sept. 23.
2. Dr. ElAttrache operated in consultation with Steelers team physician Jim Bradley, MD.
3. Mr. Roethlisberger is expected to make a full recovery and return to play for the 2020 NFL season, a Steelers spokesperson said in a statement.
4. Dr. ElAttrache is the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Foundation board chairman and program director for the Kerlan-Jobe Sports Medicine Fellowship.
5. He is the head team physician for the Los Angeles Dodgers and Los Angeles Rams, as well as an orthopedic consultant to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Kings, Anaheim Ducks and PGA Tour.