The NFL's Scientific Advisory Board granted more than $35 million to five organizations for their respective research on the diagnosis and treatment of brain injuries, concussions and chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
Here are three details:
1. The NFL awarded grants to the following organizations:
● Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard Medical School received $14,698,132
● University of Pittsburgh and UPMC received $6,070,384
● University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada received $9,438,473
● UC San Francisco received $3,454,080
● The Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston and Harvard Medical School received $1,583,138
2. The five organizations are expected to present their research progress to the Scientific Advisory Board in one year.
3. The NFL has granted $35 million of its $40 million commitment pledged in 2016, and the remaining $5 million will be distributed by Scientific Advisory Board Chairman Gen. Peter Chiarelli.