Diane Dahm, MD, and Martin O'Malley, MD, performed surgery on Minnesota Timberwolves center Justin Patton’s right foot, NBA.com reports.
Here's what you should know:
1. Mr. Patton sustained a fifth metatarsal injury to his right foot during a team workout.
2. The team said Mr. Patton's foot surgery was successful, and he is currently sidelined indefinitely while recovering.
3. Dr. Dahm serves as the Timberwolves' team orthopedic surgeon. She is also affiliated with Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic.
4. Dr. O'Malley is an orthopedic surgeon at New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery. He has expertise in ankle replacement surgery and sports injuries of the foot and ankle.
5. Previously, Mr. Patton underwent surgery July 4, 2017, to repair a broken fifth metatarsal in his left foot.