John Alley, MD, performed inguinal hernia surgery on Kansas City Chief's rookie receiver Byron Pringle, Chiefs.com reports.
Here’s what you should know:
1. Mr. Pringle pulled his left hamstring during the Chief's final pre-season game against the Green Bay Packers Aug. 30.
2. After having an MRI, results showed Mr. Pringle had a left inguinal hernia.
3. Dr. Alley performed surgery on Mr. Pringle's left inguinal hernia Sept. 4.
4. Chief's Vice President of Sports Medicine and Performance Rick Burkholder said Mr. Pringle has an extended recovery ahead of him, so he will miss "some time." Mr. Burkholder added that Mr. Pringle's hamstring should heal faster.
5. Dr. Alley is a surgeon at University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City.