Neal ElAttrache, MD, operated on Oklahoma City Thunder guard and forward Andre Roberson, according to NBA.com.
Here are five highlights.
1. Dr. ElAttrache performed the arthroscopic knee surgery to relieve synovitis in Mr. Roberson's left knee.
2. He performed the surgery at Los Angeles-based Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic.
3. Mr. Roberson is expected to spend four months in recovery to heal the ruptured patellar tendon in his left knee.
4. Dr. Neal ElAttrache is an orthopedic surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute in Los Angeles. He is chairman of the board of the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Foundation and program director for the Kerlan-Jobe Fellowship.
5. Dr. ElAttrache is the head team physician for the Los Angeles Dodgers and Los Angeles Rams. He is also an orthopedic consultant to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Kings, Anaheim Ducks and the PGA Tour.