The Ochsner Health Center in New Orleans is standing by Deryk Jones, MD, and Misty Suri, MD, after the New Orleans Saints fired the physicians for misdiagnosing cornerback Delvin Breaux, according to 4 WWL.
Here are five things to know:
1. Drs. Jones and Suri misdiagnosed Mr. Breaux with a contusion. Later a second opinion discovered Mr. Breaux suffered from a fractured fibula.
2. Ochsner Health will remain an official sponsor for the New Orleans Saints.
3. While Ochsner Health was surprised of the Saints' decision to let the physicians go, the hospital respects the team's decision.
4. Dr. Suri will remain as the team physician for the New Orleans Pelicans.
5. Mr. Breaux is expected to undergo surgery and return after six weeks of rehabilitation.