Zion Research reports that the global sports medicine device market will grow at a CAGR of 4.7% between 2015 and 2020.
Here are five things you should know:
1. The global sports medicine devices market's value in 2014 was $6.61 billion and is expected to reach $8.63 billion by 2020.
2. Arthroscopy devices made up approximately 23 percent of the sports medicine devices market in 2014, while knee applications made up about 19 percent.
3. Arthroscopy devices are expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period due to advancements in surgical technologies and the increasing number of high-quality surgeons across the world.
4. The Americas accounted for just over 43 percent of the global sports devices market in 2014, and are expected to exhibit rapid growth during the forecast period.
5. China, India, Brazil and Russia are expected to contribute to the market's growth due to their emerging economies, rising income levels and growing health awareness.
More articles on devices:
Following successful study, Intralink-Spine promotes Rejuve as low back pain cure — 5 things to know
Exactech sells spine assets to ChoiceSpine: 5 things to know
SeaSpine unveils Vu a∙POD Prime NanoMetalene System for full commercial launch — 5 highlights