Med Center Health and Western Kentucky University announced plans to construct a new sports medicine complex on the school's campus.
Med Center Health is going to construct the clinic, and in turn become the exclusive medical provider to WKU's student and staff population.
Here's what you should know.
1. The center will house the university's physical therapy department, and Med Center Health's new orthopedic/sports medicine/rehabilitation group. Additionally it will provide space for the university's baseball fieldhouse, and the construction of an indoor multi-purpose facility.
2. The $22 million WKU is investing in the facility is the "most significant investment by a private company to date."
3. Construction is expected to begin in January 2017 with late spring 2018 targeted as a completion date.
4. The university leased the land to the medical center for no cost through a 99-year agreement. The medical center is allowing the university to rent space for free. The construction of the center will be fully financed through Med Center Health.
More sports medicine news:
1. OrthoAtlanta sponsors Chick-fil-A kickoff game: 3 thoughts
2. Drs. Neal ElAttrache, Steve Jordan & Luga Podesta share their thoughts on the future of UCL reconstruction
3. Team Gleason and Halyard Health partner to share former NFL player, ALS patient Steve Gleason's story: 4 thoughts