Todd Lanman, MD, founder of Lanman Spinal Neurosurgery in Beverly Hills, Calif., has been named one of Los Angeles Magazine's top doctors for 2021, according to a Feb. 22 news release.
Five things to know:
1. This is the second consecutive year Dr. Lanman received the accolade, which is based on a peer-review survey among physicians in Los Angeles.
2. Dr. Lanman has practiced spine surgery for more than 30 years and served as associate professor at University of California Los Angeles for two decades.
3. In August 2019, he became the first surgeon to perform artificial disc replacement procedures at three levels of the cervical spine. Read what Dr, Lanman and six other spine surgeons have to say about the future of disc replacement here.
4. He has acted as principal investigator of various FDA-approved clinical trials, including the Prestige LP and M6-C artificial discs.
5. Last year, the National Spine Health Foundation named Dr. Lanman to its medical and scientific advisory board and designated him a National Top Spine Surgeon.