Here are 10 spine surgeons and neurosurgeons joining new practices or adding to their titles in September.
Note: This isn't an exhaustive list.
1. Arash Sayari, MD, joined Chicago-based Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush.
2. Pediatric neurosurgeon Kaveh Asadi, MD and neurosurgeon Scott Raffa, MD, joined West Palm Beach, Fla.-based Paley Orthopedic and Spine Institute.
3. Michael Chioffe, MD, joined Des Plaines-based Illinois Bone and Joint Institute.
4. Robert Crowell, MD, has joined Morrow County Hospital in Mount Gilead, Ohio.
5. James Wang, MD, was named chief medical officer of Chengdu Wanda UPMC Hospital in China.
6. David O'Brien, MD, was named head of Atrium Health Wake Forest (N.C.) Baptist's new spine and orthopedic center.
7. Serena Hu, MD, was named the first female president of the Scoliosis Research Society.
8. Timothy Spencer, DO, joined Hillsdale (Mich.) Hospital.
9. Minneapolis-based Allina Health has appointed Sanjay Pratap Singh, MD, as the new president of the Neuroscience Spine and Pain Institute.