Walmart's Centers of Excellence program for spine surgery affiliates with health systems that demonstrate appropriate and high-quality care with great outcomes.
The program bundles payments for certain procedures, which allows Walmart to bypass insurers and work directly with health systems. Through the initiative, the retail giant pays for the entire cost of employees to travel and receive spine surgery at designated facilities. Employees can seek care outside of the designated centers, but they will be responsible for the bill.
Here are the 10 spine Centers of Excellence in the Walmart program:
1. Emory University Hospital (Atlanta)
2. Geisinger Medical Center (Danville, Pa.)
3. Carolina NeuroSurgery & Spine Associates (Charlotte, N.C.)
4. Mercy Hospital Springfield (Mo.)
5. Mayo Clinic Arizona (Phoenix)
6. Mayo Clinic Florida (Jacksonville)
7. Mayo Clinic Minnesota (Rochester)
8. Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center (Houston)
9. Ochsner Medical Center (New Orleans)
10. Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle)