Here are 13 executive appointments at spine and orthopedic companies and practices so far this year:
1. Jay Patel, MD, was appointed chief strategy officer of Hoag Orthopedic Institute in Irvine, Calif., Jan. 1.
2. Columbus, Ohio-based OrthoNeuro promoted Brian Hart to COO and Jacqueline Petty to chief administrative officer, according to a Jan. 11 report.
3. OrthoBethesda (Md.) named Emil Engels, MD, as its CEO, according to a Jan. 13 news release.
4. Steven Barnett, MD, was named the new chief medical officer at Irvine, Calif.-based Hoag Orthopedic Institute, according to a Jan. 14 announcement.
5. Morristown, N.J.-based Altair Health, a physician-managed health system focused on spine care, appointed Mark Farrington CEO, according to a Jan. 26 announcement.
6. Joe DiPaolo was named CEO of The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey in Washington, N.J., according to a Jan. 28 news release.
7. HD LifeSciences named Patrick O'Donnell as president and CEO in a Feb. 2 announcement.
8. Laura Francis, SI-Bone's CFO and COO, was promoted to CEO of the sacropelvic device company, according to a Jan. 8 report.
9. Vafa Jamali was appointed CEO of NewCo, a new company that will be created by Zimmer Biomet spinning off its spine and dental businesses, according to a Feb. 16 report.
10. Rockville, Md.-based National Spine and Pain Centers named Douglas Badertscher its administrative president, the practice announced Feb. 23.
11. USA Baseball named orthopedic surgeon Daryl Osbahr, MD, and Josh Bloom, MD, a family medicine and a sports medicine physician, as chief medical officers of the newly formed USA Baseball Medical Oversight Commission, according to a March 9 report.
12. Michele Brinkman, chief operating officer of Albany-based OrthoNY since 2017, was appointed interim CEO of the practice, according to a March 12 report.
13. Zimmer Biomet named Ivan Tornos, its group president of global businesses and the Americas, as COO March 19.