Seven spine and neurosurgeons who expanded their practice, accepted new positions or left roles in January:
1. David Holte, MD, stepped down as president of the board of directors of Golden Valley, Minn.-based Twin Cities Orthopedics.
2. John Spitalieri, DO, opened the Arizona Neurosurgery & Spine Center in Prescott.
3. New York City-based NYU Langone opened its first outpatient orthopedic practice in Staten Island, N.Y., where Tina Raman, MD, is leading spine care.
4. The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine in Miami appointed Michael McDermott, MD, chief of neuroscience.
5. Hilarie Tomasiewicz, MD, PhD, was named the first site chief of neurosurgery at Mount Sinai Queens (N.Y.).
6. Charles Bondurant, MD, was elected to a newly created board that oversees operations at Boone Hospital in Columbia, Mo.
7. Stuart, Fla.-based Cleveland Clinic Martin Health onboarded Zeguang Ren, MD, PhD.