The National Spine Health Foundation has named Todd Lanman, MD, to its medical and scientific advisory board and designated him a National Top Spine Surgeon, according to an Oct. 28 announcement.
Five things to know:
1. Dr. Lanman joins 15 other spine surgeons on the advisory board, including Richard Guyer, MD, Thomas Schuler, MD, and Todd Albert, MD.
2. The nonprofit organization is devoted to raising awareness for the treatment of back and neck pain, and improving care through education, research and patient advocacy.
3. Dr. Lanman is founder of Lanman Spinal Neurosurgery in Beverly Hills, Calif., and has practiced spine surgery for more than 30 years.
4. In August 2019, he became the first surgeon to perform artificial disc replacement procedures at three levels of the cervical spine.
5. He has acted as principal investigator of various FDA-approved clinical trials, including the Prestige LP and M6-C artificial discs.