Traverse City, Mich.-based Munson Healthcare settled a $7 million lawsuit filed by neurosurgeon Kenneth M. Louis, MD, according to the Traverse City Record-Eagle.
Six things to know:
1. Dr. Louis was working an emergency room shift at Munson March 5 when he was suspended indefinitely due to allegations made against him.
2. According to the report, the allegations did not concern patient care or criminal behavior.
3. Dr. Louis, who has been with Munson since 2016, filed a lawsuit against the hospital March 11. He sought $7 million and demanded that the suspension and gag order be lifted.
4. The case was set for a hearing March 14 to consider Dr. Louis' preliminary injunction request, which would have allowed him return to work on an interim basis during an investigation.
5. Both sides reached a settlement by March 14. The preliminary injunction request was withdrawn.
6. It is unclear whether Dr. Louis will return to work at Munson.