Thomas J. Errico, MD, joined Miami-based Nicklaus Children's Hospital.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Errico is a board-certified pediatric orthopedic spine surgeon. He joined the hospital's multispecialty group practice, the Center for Spinal Disorders and Pediatric Specialists.
2. Prior to joining Nicklaus Children's, Dr. Errico served as chief of New York City-based New York University Langone Health's Spine Center for more than 20 years.
3. Dr. Errico received his medical degree from Rutgers New Jersey Medical School in Newark, completed his orthopedic surgery residency at NYU Langone Medical Center and underwent spine surgery fellowship training at Toronto General Hospital in Canada.
4. He is a past president of the International Society of the Advancement of Spine Surgery and North American Spine Society.
5. He holds more than 150 registered patents.