Digital health company Higgs Boson generated $350,000 in equity, according to WRAL TechWire.
Here are five takeaways:
1. Neurosurgeon Nandan Lad, MD, is Higgs Boson's CEO. A scientist and entrepreneur, Dr. Lad is an associate neurosurgery professor at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, N.C.
2. The startup company developed the app Manage My Surgery, which allows patients and physicians to communicate. The goal is for patients to take more control of their healthcare.
3. Eight investors helped raise the $350,000. Higgs Boson's offering has $2.15 million remaining to be sold for a total of $2.5 million.
4. The filing did not disclose what the company plans to do with the equity.
5. Army veteran and medical device expert Joe Knight co-founded the company. Mr. Knight has approximately 15 years of medical device innovation and commercialization experience.