Spine surgeon Jeffrey Wang, MD, was appointed the 2018-19 president of the North American Spine Society.
Here are five things to know:
1. As President, Mr. Wang will continue the organization's expanding efforts to bring educational and evidence-based initiatives to spine care. He will also spearhead initiatives to emphasize new technologies and tailored education for the 2019 NASS annual meeting.
2. Dr. Wang is the co-director of the University of Southern California Spine Center at Keck Medicine in Los Angeles.
3. Along with co-creating and leading the USC Spine Center, Dr. Wang is an orthopedic and neurosurgery professor at Keck School of Medicine of USC in Los Angeles.
4. With more than 400 articles published, Dr. Wang is the editor-in-chief of Global Spine Journal.
5. Dr. Wang's research focuses on gene therapy, bone growth biological proteins and minimally invasive surgery.