The American Medical Association awarded Katie O. Orrico, JD, with the Medical Executive Lifetime Achievement Award.
Here are six highlights:
1. Ms. Orrico serves as director of the Washington Office of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
2. AMA presents the award to a medical association executive who has "contributed substantially to the goals and ideals of the medical profession," according to the press release.
3. Throughout her career, Ms. Orrico has led efforts to create alliances with other organizations. She serves on the AMA-led MACRA Task Force and MIPS Workgroup.
4. Ms. Orrico has also contributed to the Council of Medical Specialty Societies, the Partnership to Improve Patient Care and the Health Coalition on Liability and Access.
5. She is a founding member of the Alliance of Specialty Medicine, which includes 14 national medical specialty societies.
6. Ms. Orrico earned her Juris Doctor degree from George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Va.