The American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Congress of Neurological Surgeons wrote a letter of support for the "Protect Medical Innovation Act."
Here are five quick notes on the Act:
1. It's a bipartisan bill with around 300 co-sponsors.
2. The bill would repeal the 2.3 percent medical device tax created by the Affordable Care Act.
3. The tax could be responsible for 195,000 jobs lost from layoffs or foregone jobs that would have been created.
4. The bill will be coming to the House floor for a vote in the near future.
5. The device tax is used to fund other pieces of the ACA, including insurance coverage expansion.
"Clearly, our healthcare system needs innovation to improve patient care and save lives. Unfortunately, this tax stifles innovation and reduces patient access to new lifesaving technologies. We, therefore, applaud the bipartisan efforts of Congress to abolish this arbitrary tax," states the letter.