Here are 41 spine and orthopedic practices that have opened new locations, announced expansions and relocated offices in 2014 so far.
1. Little Rock-based Arkansas Spine and Pain is converting its satellite office in Conway, Ark., to a full-time practice.
2. Irving, Texas-based SpineCARE opened a new clinic in Mansfield, Texas.
3. Chukwuka Okafor, MD, relocated Spine Institute of Central Florida's Lakeland office to a new location in Lakeland.
4. Phoenix-based Sonoran Spine is relocating its Mesa, Ariz., office to Tempe in August.
5. Abington (Pa.) Health Orthopaedic & Spine Institute opened a new unit at Abington Memorial Hospital.
6. Hackensack, N.J.-based Advanced Neurosurgery Associates opened its new location in Morristown, N.J. The practice includes a fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon.
7. The Spine & Pain Physicians Surgery Center opened in Smyrna, Tenn.
8. Laser Spine Institute announced the company will open new centers in three Midwestern cities this year — in Cleveland, St. Louis and Cincinnati.
9. Potomac Spine & Pain Specialists opened in Olney, Md.
10. Armin Oskouei, MD, opened Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians in Atlanta.
11. Marina del Rey, Calif.-based DISC Sports & Spine Center established a new division — the Newport Beach Spine Group — at its Newport Beach location.
12. Newport News, Va.-based Orthopaedic & Spine Center opened a new physical therapy center in Newport News.
13. Bedford-based New Hampshire NeuroSpine Institute opened a new office in Nashua, N.H.
14. Marius Maxwell, MD, founded a new spine center — Arctic Spine — in Anchorage, Alaska.
15. Vineland, N.J.-based Premier Orthopaedic Associates announced plans to open a new office in Elmer, N.J.
16. Reno (Nev.) Orthopedic Clinic is opening its first urgent care facility.
17. Eldersburg, Md.-based Carroll Health Group Orthopaedics opened a new location at Westminster, Md.
18. Lee Russell Sayner, DPM, established Foundation Foot & Ankle in Dover, Ohio.
19. Premier Health Specialists, a group of specialty care practices in Miami Valley, opened Advanced Ankle and Foot Specialists at Miami Valley Hospital South in Centerville, Ohio.
20. Germantown, Tenn.-based Campbell Clinic is planning on adding a fifth location in Cordova, Tenn.
21. The Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center's Orthopedic Sports Medicine Center in Salida, Colo., will expand its practice to Westcliffe, Colo.
22. The Reid Orthopedic Center in Richmond, Ind., opened a $7.7 million expansion.
23. Ocean Springs, Miss.-based Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists unveiled plans for the Gautier (Miss.) Medical Campus of Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists, the practice's new facility.
24. OrthoNOW, a franchise business of specialized orthopedic urgent care centers, announced it would expand its franchise to include a location in Weston, Fla., by this fall and agreed to open several additional centers in Broward County over the next two to three years.
25. Philadelphia-based Rothman Institute is opening a new $8.5 million office in Limerick, Pa.
26. Rockville Centre, N.Y.-based Orlin & Cohen Orthopedic Group opened a new office in Woodbury, N.Y.
27. Birmingham, Ala.-based Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center opened a new clinic in Pelham, Ala.
28. Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in Rapid City, S.D., began holding clinics at Fall River Health Services in Hot Springs, S.D.
29. Hinsdale (Ill.) Orthopaedics opened a new location in Western Springs, Ill.
30. Des Moines (Iowa) Orthopedic Surgeons opened an urgent injury clinic.
31. Temple, Ariz.-based FXRX Orthopedics & Bracing — the practice of orthopedic surgeon Sumit Dewanjee, MD — opened a new location in Phoenix.
32. Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine opened a new location in Lawrenceburg, Ind.
33. Seven Springs Orthopedics and Sports Medicine opened a new location in Clarksville, Tenn.
34. Orthopedic Associates will open a 9,200-square-foot surgery center in a medical office building in Honolulu.
35. Charlotte, N.C.-based OrthoCarolina opened a new orthopedic urgent care center in Monroe, N.C.
36. Scott Strasburger, MD, opened his practice — Strasburger Orthopaedics — in Lincoln, Neb.
37. Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists of Green Bay (Wis.) opened its acute injury clinic in its Green Bay location.
38. Phoenix-based The CORE Institute opened a 69,251-square-foot headquarters and clinic and research center in Phoenix.
39. Carmichael, Calif.-based Summit Orthopedic Specialists opened a new location in Grass Valley, Calif.
40. Lincoln (Neb.) Orthopaedic Center plans to expand its offices in Lincoln.
41. Montgomery, Ala.-based Southern Orthopaedic Surgeons opened a new 16,000-square-foot orthopedics and sports medicine facility in Montgomery.
More articles on spine:
First spine surgery with 3D-printed disc — Will this change everything?
C2 fracture costs hit $1.5B in 2010, grow 4.7% in 10 years: 5 things to know
MRI: conventional vs. standing radiographs — 5 findings on effectiveness