Mahe Medical is partnering with Amazon Business Professional Healthcare to introduce a new emergency spine screw sold on Amazon.
Here are five things to know:
1. The company's Mahe Spine Emergency Screw Removal System is designed to remove broken or stripped screws without additional hardware or kits. The system can remove a screw regardless of the manufacturer.
2. The screw removal system is available through Amazon Business Professional Healthcare, one of the first medical devices sold through Amazon. The company aims to flatten the supply chain and disrupt traditional procurement.
3. Since Mahe has made the screw available on Amazon, the system is 20 percent less expensive than competitors and offers additional functionability.
4. The product will be launched at the Becker's 16th Annual Future of Spine + Spine, Orthopedic & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference in Chicago, June 14-16.
5. Mahe CEO Keith Hamilton recently appeared on CEO Money, a national radio business show, to discuss the company's market strategy. Mahe Medical has around 10,000 medical product skews focused on commodity orthopedic and trauma products.