An artificial disc milestone and six more key updates from spine devicemakers since Oct. 12.
1. Nevro's spinal cord stimulation device won't be covered by UnitedHealthcare in all cases as of Dec. 1, the devicemaker said.
2. Royal Phillips' ClarifyEye augmented reality spine system debuted in Japan.
3. Ulrich Medical USA's Flux-C 3D-printed cervical interbody device earned FDA 510(k) approval.
4. Joimax launched the Tessys TransSAP endoscopic system.
5. CornerLoc launched the TransLoc 3D sacroiliac joint fusion system.
6. SeaSpine fully launched its percutaneous spine module for the 7D Flash navigation system.
7. Todd Lanman, MD, and Jason Cuellar, MD, PhD, completed the first three-level artificial disc replacement using the Prodisc C Vivo implant in the U.S.