AxioMed's artificial disc nears FDA approval and five more key updates from spine devicemakers since Aug. 3:
1, Surgalign reached a $2 million settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission related to activities between 2015 and 2019.
2. Stryker on Aug. 3 opened a 156,000-square-foot additive manufacturing facility in Cork, Ireland, with the capacity to create 600 high-tech positions, according to the country's Industrial Development Agency.
3. Orthofix's second-quarter revenue fell compared to the same time last year across most of its business segments.
4. Alphatec posted significant year-over-year second-quarter growth and an increase in its surgeon user base.
5. AxioMed completed the final steps toward FDA approval for its lumbar viscoelastic disc replacement device.
6. NuVasive's executive vice president and chief commercial officer, Massimo Calafiore, is stepping down. The company also posted a year-over-year increase in second-quarter revenue with $310.5 million.