Orthofix on May 6 posted a slight revenue increase in the first quarter of 2022.
Six things to know:
1. Overall revenue was about the same as the first quarter of 2022. Total sales were $106.4 million, a 1 percent increase year over year, according to a news release.
2. The spinal implants segment saw the largest year-over-year increase, at 3.6 percent. Spinal implant sales were $26.6 million.
3. Biologics sales rose 2.9 percent with $14.1 million.
4. The only segment that saw a decrease in quarterly sales was bone growth therapies, at $41.9 million, a 2.3 percent dip year over year.
5. Global orthopedic sales of $23.8 million represented a 2.2 percent increase year over year. Global spine sales remained about the same as the same period last year with a 0.4 percent increase.
6. Highlights of Orthofix's first quarter included an FDA grant for the AccelStim bone growth stimulator and FDA clearance for the TrueLok EVO ring fixation system.