Zimmer Biomet saw a 2.3 percent dip in its fourth quarter sales year over year and set a completion date of March 1 for its spine and dental spinoff, ZimVie, on Feb. 7.
Here's what you should know:
1. Fourth quarter revenue was $2 billion, and full-year sales were $7.9 billion, according to financial results.
2. Hip and knee sales saw year-over-year decreases of 4.6 percent and 0.8 percent respectively in the fourth quarter. Hip revenue in the fourth quarter was $480.7 million and $720 million.
3. Spine and dental sales were $260.7 million, down 4.1 percent from the same time last year.
4. For the full year, hip sales increased 6 percent compared to 2020 and knee sales jumped 11.3 percent. Spine and dental sales rose 12.5 percent.
5. Zimmer Biomet CEO Bryan Hanson said in a news release that COVID-19 surges and hospital staffing shortages affected quarterly sales.