Medtronic's latest financial results and four more updates from device companies over the last week:
1. Implant manufacturer Aurora Spine saw margins improve from 35 percent to 49 percent in the first quarter while revenue remained the same, compared to the first quarter of 2020. Read more here.
2. Medtronic reported a strong fourth quarter of the 2021 fiscal year ending April 30, as elective procedure volumes rebounded after plunging during the pandemic. Read notes from the report and earnings call.
3. Medacta's NextAR augmented reality surgical system received the European Union's CE marking for spine surgery, as well as for shoulder and knee applications.
4. Paragon 28, an orthopedic device company, bought Additive Orthopaedics' 3D-printed total talus replacement implant and pre-operative surgical planning application June 1.
5. OrthoPediatrics launched its Response Neuromuscular Scoliosis System. It's the company's 36th surgical system.