Device companies wasted no time jumping into merger and acquisition activity at the start of 2021, with some sealing multimillion-dollar deals.
Here are five acquisitions that closed in the first quarter:
1. Smith+Nephew acquired Integra LifeSciences' extremity orthopedics business for $240 million, according to a Jan. 4 announcement.
2. Stryker on Jan. 5 acquired OrthoSensor, a digital orthopedic technology company focused on total joint replacements.
3. DJO acquired Trilliant Surgical, a provider of foot and ankle orthopedic implants, according to a Jan. 19 announcement.
4. NuVasive announced its more than $150 million acquisition of Simplify Medical Feb. 24.
5. Musculoskeletal startup Hinge Health acquired Enso, a company that produces electric stimulation machines for back and joint pain, according to a March 12 report.