Medtronic is the world's largest medical device company, according to the Big 100, an annual analysis published by MassDevice and Medical Design & Outsourcing.
The rankings are based on annual revenues, research and development spending and workforce size for each medical device company's most recent fiscal year.
The 10 largest medical device companies and their annual revenue:
1. Medtronic: $28.9 billion
2. Johnson & Johnson (medical device segment): $26 billion
3. Royal Philips: $21.8 billion
4. GE Healthcare: $19.9 billion
5. EssilorLuxottica: $19.5 billion
6. Siemens Healthineers: $16.2 billion
7. Cardinal Health (medical segment): $15.4 billion
8. Stryker: $14.9 billion
9. Medline Industries: $13.9 billion
10. Danaher (life sciences and diagnostics segments): $13.5 billion