Smith+Nephew reported 6.5 percent revenue growth in the third quarter.
Five things to know:
1. Smith+Nephew reported $1.2 billion in quarterly revenue, driven by revenue increases across the board. The company's orthopedics franchise grew 3.6 percent, sports medicine and ENT was up 5.9 percent and advanced wound management reported nearly 12 percent revenue growth.
2. Knee implant revenue was up 3.7 percent to $240 million. Hip implant revenue was also up 1.6 percent to $145 million.
3. Sports medicine joint repair revenue grew 11.6 percent to $190 million while arthroscopic enabling technologies revenue was flat at $138 million. Navio Surgical System reported strong growth in the company's reconstruction line, which was offset by its acquisition of BrainLab in May.
4. U.S. revenue jumped 9.7 percent in the third quarter, compared to a 2.8 percent decline in other established markets. U.S. revenue hit $624 million while other established markets reported $382 million in revenue.
5. Emerging markets revenue was up 15.5 percent to $240 million.