Medtronic CEO Omar Ishrak traveled to Israel, along with other senior executives, days after the company announced it would acquire its third Israel-based company, according to Globes. But this may not be the last of the acquisitions in the region.
Here are five things to know:
1. This year, Medtronic agreed to fully acquire Mazor, Nutrino and Visionsense, all companies based in Israel. Medtronic acquired Mazor for $1.64 billion, Nutrino for around $100 million and Visionsense for $75 million.
2. In addition to the acquisitions, Medtronic signed an agreement to "support the founding of a new R&D center."
3. Medtronic's country director in Israel indicated there will be future acquisitions of Israel-based companies last week, as news broke of the Nutrino acquisition.
4. Mr. Ishrak is scheduled to meet with investors while in Israel, according to the report, and the company has invested in Tri Ventures and Rainbow Investments in the past.
5. Prior to joining Medtronic, Mr. Ishrak worked at Israeli-owned DS-Sonics.