Orthopedic device manufacturer Wright Medical completed its acquisition of Cartiva.
Here are five insights:
1. Wright Medical announced it would acquire Cartiva in August for $435 million.
2. Since acquiring 100 percent of Cartiva's outstanding equity, Wright Medical plans to provide a full-year 2018 guidance update on its third quarter earnings call, scheduled Nov. 7.
3. Cartiva is an orthopedic medical device company focused on big toe osteoarthritis treatment.
4. Cartiva's Synthetic Cartilage Implant received premarket approval in July 2016. The polymer-based implant can be placed in around 35 minutes and is one of the company's signature developments.
5. Wright Medical is focused on extremities and biologics products.