NuVasive introduced Scott Huennekens as its newest board of directors member, effective Oct. 1.
Here's what you need to know:
1. Mr. Huennekens comes to NuVasive with more than 25 years of experience in the medical device industry.
2. Currently, he serves as CEO and board chairman of Verb Surgical, an independent startup formed by Google and Johnson & Johnson in 2015.
3. Previously, Mr. Huennekens served as president and CEO of Volcano Corp., a diagnostic and therapeutic solutions company.
4. Mr. Huennekens also spent time as president and CEO of Digirad Corp, leading the first solid-state gamma cameras for nuclear cardiology imaging to commercialization.
5. He also serves as a board member of the Medical Device Manufacturer's Association, and previously served as its chairman.