DePuy Synthes signed a definitive agreement to acquire the assets of Medical Enterprises Distribution, a surgical impactor technology developer.
Here are five insights.
1. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed, and the deal is expected to be finalized in the second quarter of 2018.
2. Medical Enterprises Distributions' portfolio includes the automated ME1000 Surgical Impactor for implant replacement procedures. The device is designed to replace the handheld mallet and can be used with DePuy's ACTIS Total Hip System.
3. DePuy Synthes also recently signed an exclusive marketing agreement with JointPoint to co-market a hip navigation system. JointPoint's navigation system is compatible with the ME1000 Surgical System.
4. DePuy Synthes is looking to develop and expand surgical impactor technology for various orthopedic procedures.
5. "The acquisition of assets of Medical Enterprises is a key example of going beyond the implant to provide complete solutions to achieve better outcomes," said DePuy Synthes' Group Chairman Ciro Rӧmer.