Celebration-based Florida Hospital Nicholson Center installed Titan Medical's Sport Surgical System.
Here's what you need to know.
1. This is the first of three installations in the world for preclinical feasibility and validation studies of the Sport Surgical System.
2. Sport Surgical System is a single port robotic system comprised of a surgeon controlled patient cart that includes a 3-D vision system and multi-articulating instruments for minimally invasive surgery.
3. The system also incorporates a surgeon workstation that provides surgeons advanced ergonomic interface to the patient cart and a 3-D endoscopic view inside the patient's body.
4. Titan Medical President and CEO David McNally said, "We look forward to beginning pre-clinical feasibility and validation studies in the coming weeks in a variety of surgical disciplines. Based on surgeon enthusiasm, we remain confident in the tremendous potential of single port robotic surgery to improve the
physician experience, as well as surgical outcomes."
5. Florida Hospital Nicholson Center has trained more than 50,000 physicians around the world in leading clinical and surgical techniques.