Globus Medical received FDA clearance for its Excelsius GPS.
Here are five highlights:
1. The Excelsius GPS is a robotic guidance and navigation system for minimally invasive and traditional orthopedic and neurosurgical procedures.
2. The platform helps surgeons accurately place screws during spine and orthopedic surgery.
3. The Excelsius GPS integrates the company's implants and instruments.
4. The technology is compatible with preoperative CT, intraoperative CT and fluoroscopic imaging modalities.
5. Globus Medical reported the platform is intended to limit radiation exposure and streamline workflow.