New Brunswick, N.J.-based DePuy Synthes announced its ATTUNE Knee saves patients and clinics money while improving quality of life.
Here are five things to know:
1. The ATTUNE Knee advances patient outcomes and creates value for clinicians, providers and payers.
2. The ATTUNE Knee's estimated cumulative percent revision was 1.39 percent at three years, translating to a 98.61 percent survivorship rate and comparing favorably to Cemented Total Knee Arthroplasty's cumulative recent revision of 1.50 percent.
3. The device scored higher in marks pertaining to confidence in stability during activity, decreased knee pain, activities of daily living and quality of life.
4. Patients implanted with the ATTUNE Knee showed 39 percent lower odds of discharge to a nursing facility than those who received TKR with a Triathlon Knee.
5. Researchers pointed to a study revealing 35 percent of episodic costs come from post-hospital discharge care while a second study revealed the rate as 50 percent.
More articles on devices:
Johnson & Johnson launches $100k program to combat executive burnout: 5 things to know