In the fourth quarter of 2016, Caesarea, Israel-based Mazor Robotics received 21 system purchase orders. The quarter ended Dec. 31, 2016.
Here are seven highlights:
1. Nineteen of the orders represented U.S. customers and two reflected international buyers.
2. In the United States, Mazor received 16 Mazor X system orders and three Renaissance system orders.
3. In July 2016, Mazor announced U.S. Renaissance system customers could swap Renaissance systems for the Mazor X system, following the product's launch in October 2016.
4. Among the orders were four Mazor X trade-in orders for customers who already bought the new Renaissance system.
5. In Q4 2016, system orders rose 75 percent over those placed in Q4 2015.
6. For fiscal year 2016, Mazor received orders for a record 62 systems, reflecting a 138 percent increase over FY 2015.
7. Mazor plans to relay Q4 2016 financial results in late February 2017.