The global orthopedic devices market is expected to grow rapidly over the next few years, according to a Transparency Market Research report.
Here are seven trends:
1. The market is expected to reach $41.2 billion by the end of 2019.
2. The global orthopedic devices market was valued at $29.2 billion in 2012.
3. The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 4.9 percent from 2013 to 2019.
4. The key drivers of the global orthopedic devices market are the rapidly increasing geriatric population and the high demand for painless and noninvasive treatments.
5. The knee segment and the anchors segment led the market in 2012.
6. North America dominated the global market in 2012.
7. The key players in the global orthopedic devices market include NuVasive, Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, Orthofix, Medtronic, Globus Medical and DePuy Synthes.