Wright Medical's Augment Bone Graft product received FDA approval.
Here are five observations:
1. The product is an alternative to autograft for ankle and/or hind foot fusion indications.
2. Wright Medical acquired the Augment product under its $380 million deal with BioMimetic Therapeutics in November 2012.
3. The company started selling Augment products in international markets and then applied for an U.S. FDA approval.
4. The product is made up of recombinant human platelet-derived growth factor and beta-tricalcium phosphate.
5. Wright Medical is an orthopedic device company, focusing on the design, manufacture and marketing of reconstructive joint devices and bio-orthopedic materials.